Monday, July 30, 2007

Pretty Things


After camping came 5 full days of making things, pretty things. I'm revisiting the instant gratification of cyanotypes, a contact printing method that was one of the first techniques I learned way back in my artistic infancy. To increase the immediacy of the prints I've discovered how to print digital negatives. It can be tricky to maintain gray tones with digital negatives but I think I've finally got the hang of it and so am churning out the images. I've had a bit of a hard time getting back into the swing of going to the office each day when there are so many pretty things to make at home. Evan called it a vacation hangover.

Regardless, if I'm going to have a job the one I have is pretty spectacular. I recognize how special it is to get to have a say in your job description. Plus occasionally, like today, I get to say... juggle bags of m&m's in the supply store and no one looks at me like I'm crazy, they just get up and join in the play.

No comments: